Sculptures of the books

by umer | 11:46 AM in |

Sculptures of the books
painter Alexander Kortser-Robinson from Bristol makes antiquarian book is a work of art. Here's how he talks about his art: "My job is to literally" bite "in the book, leaving the individual images, and removing the other. So we can say that I use only the pictorial material, which is already in a given volume. The result of my work is multi-layered composition, which resembles a paper puppet theater, which enjoyed an extraordinary popularity in the Victorian era. "





"Once I worked on them, the book is not open, I had them glued, sealed around the perimeter - in fact my work is not meant to be read - they should hang on a wall or stand on the same shelf as a single art object," says Alexander . "When we begin to think we read the book, we begin to realize that some fragments remain in our memories more clearly, while others are forgotten over time - are erased from the memory of words and passages, images, feelings and thoughts that we covered during the So ... reading in its own memory we seem to re-create memorable pieces of the new stories that are usually very vaguely resemble the original, once we have read. This process is taking place mostly in our subconscious, is of interest to me as an artist and a psychologist. "














Blog Archive